EUTurbines position on the Taxonomy delegated acts
18 December 2020
The turbine industry is concerned that the European Commission proposal on the Taxonomy delegated acts does not sufficiently acknowledge the contribution of electricity generation and cogeneration with gaseous fuels – which does not only mean natural gas but also climate-neutral and renewable gases – into the future decarbonised and integrated energy system.
Our key requests:
- Electricity generation and cogeneration with climate-neutral and renewable gas are sustainable activities and must be categorised like other renewable energy.
- Electricity generation and cogeneration with gaseous fuels as transitional activities need a realistic approach.
- Electricity generation and cogeneration with gaseous fuels need appropriate “do not significant harm” (DNSH) criteria
- The manufacturing of multi-purpose energy technologies must not be penalised.
- The manufacturing of other low carbon technologies needs to also include technologies for transitional activities